Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some things I've been wondering about lately...

*How come the more thought-full I become, the less "thoughtful" I am? That thoughtful word is strange for me. If I truly want to be thoughtful and considerate of those around me, I have to not have too many other thoughts in my head. The more I'm thinking about, the more irritable I get with people around me.

*How come I used to think getting my eyebrows waxed was so excruciating? Now when I go to the salon to have them done, I feel like it's a mini-vacation. I get to lie down, sometimes there's soft music playing, no one is asking me to do anything for them during the whole 10 minutes... Last time I almost fell asleep. I certainly don't even notice the waxing part. Maybe after going through childbirth all other pain is relative.

*And speaking of eyebrows, I heard someone say the other day that the more you pluck the same hairs, the less grows back because you build up scar tissue underneath the skin. So, is the same principle at work when we "pluck" the same ol' nasty sins out of our lives over and over again? Can I be building up scar tissue so less comes back? I sure hope so!

*And how long has it been since the soap dispenser in the bathroom was dumped out by someone and refilled with just water? Exactly how long have the kids been washing their hands with that??

Now I need to get all these thoughts out of my head, so I can start being a little more thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment