Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fool Foiled

Last night around 8 pm, I got that scheming, gleeful glint in my eye as I told Pete I wanted to pull a classic April Fool's prank on our kids: moving them while they were sleeping so they would wake up in someone else's bed. Here's how our night ended up going:



10:00 pm: Feed Miles, then talk to my friend Jen on the phone until 11.
11:15 pm: Put Miles to bed. Put Rayna in Colsen's bed, Colsen in Strider's bed, Strider in Rayna's bed.
11:17 pm: Bring a screaming Colsen into our room and let him lie in our bed.
11:50 pm: Turn out the lights with Colsen still in our bed.
1:15 am: Rayna comes in our room crying because Strider's in her bed. We take Colsen back to his bed, Strider back to his bed, and Rayna back to her bed.
1:30 am: Colsen is screaming again.
4:00 am: Miles wakes up because he is a baby and he wants to eat.
5:30 am: Colsen is crying again.
7:10 am: Strider comes running in our room, throwing (single) socks all over our bed as his idea of an April Fool’s joke. Then he runs into Rayna's room.
7:11 am: Rayna is yelling, "STRI-DER!" in a pained voice
7:12 am: Colsen wakes up and comes in our room, crying.



Needless to say, my first prank of the day definitely backfired, and I learned more about who the real Fool is in this house. Undaunted, though, I am still planning to continue with my other plan for dinner tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment