Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Capture The Flag

NOW it feels like summer.

For many years of my childhood, playing Capture the Flag (or soccer or dodgeball-deluxe) in our side yard was all we did from morning til night --at least it seemed that way. So today when I went out to play with my kids and their friends, it felt like a full-circle moment .

As I just realized when I sat down to type this, though, sprinting around the yard like a maniacal 10-year old, when I'm actually, well, much older than 10, has repercussions. My muscles are already stiffening up... I feel like just sitting on the couch for the rest of the evening.

Thankfully Pete just left to pick up Firehouse Subs for dinner (whole family can eat for $10 on Wednesday nights!)... but I think I'll still have some other mother responsibilities tonight since Pete has a meeting, so I probably can't actually sit on the couch all evening...

Sometimes it's a lot more fun to be a kid than a mom. Only sometimes though.

1 comment:

  1. love capture the flag!! p.s..mcallisters is kids eat free on tuesday and NO LIMIT on how many kids meals you buy (you don't have to buy a certain # of adult meals). since discovering that, my sister and her crew eat there pretty much every wednesday!!!:)

    ReplyDelete