Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heard around the house recently...

You know they're too old to play "Red Light, Green Light" anymore when:
Rayna: RED LIGHT!
Strider: Well, if I turn left, from a one-way street onto another one-way street, then I can still go!

Well, I guess in her world this is true:
Rayna
: When is Daddy getting home?
Me: Not until after your bedtime.
Rayna: He's not going to be home until breakfast?!?
Me: No! I said he'd be home after your bedtime.
Rayna: But breakfast is after bedtime!

Typical Colsen conversation:
Colsen: It's yootiful. Know what that means?
Me: No, what's yootiful?
Colsen: It means something reeeallly good -- like mowing the lawn or something. And you're yootiful.
(Awwwww!! I love this! I'm as good as mowing the lawn!)
Me: Colsen, you're yootiful, too!
Colsen: No, that's not what it means anymore. It's bunniful now.

Interesting imaginary friend:
Colsen: I'm playing with my friend, Always. Do you know him?
Me: Ummmm, no.
Colsen: Like from the song: "The Lord is my shepherd. I'll walk with him: Always."

Nice try, kid.
Colsen: I got something stuck in my teeth. I need some more goldfish (crackers) in my mouth to get it out.

You know you're married to an academic when:
Pete to someone riding a bike: If you start to fall, just turn the wheel the same direction.
Me: Is that really what you do? I never thought of it that way.
Pete: Oh I don't know, Amy. It's "tacit knowledge." You can't teach that kind of stuff.

2 comments: