Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hot, hot, and hot

Saturday was another very hot day here... so we did what any normal family would do: built a fire in the backyard.

In the near-tornado storm a couple weeks ago, a giant limb from one of our trees came down, so Pete borrowed a chainsaw to cut it up. And since he had the chainsaw, he decided to take down a couple dead trees in the yard. And since he was cutting up big trunks, limbs and branches, he needed to burn some stuff.... so, we had a fire. My hot man was hard at work!
Taking down a tree:
Timmmmberrrrrrrr....
Crash.
Meanwhile, I was making an equally bizarre decision with how to spend my Saturday inside: over the hot stove. I made all kinds of baked goods that day for various events we were planning to go to. I think there were only a couple hours that the oven was NOT on.

But at the end of the day, I got to take my hot man on a hot date... an early birthday surprise. I told him we were going out to eat -- and then tried to convince him that we were going to have to wear cow costumes so we could get free dinner at Chick Fil-A. He pretty much believed me, but was not too enthusiastic about it. So then I surprised him by taking him to his favorite restaurant. I had gotten reservations at Sante weeks before for the special Charlotte Restaurant Week, and we were treated to some very good food. It was a good (hot) night at the end of a hot day.

1 comment:

  1. That was sneaky! While I would have enjoyed seeing Pete dressed up as a cow, I'm sure he was excited about dinner at his favorite restaurant. Such a nice wife!

    ReplyDelete