Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend adventure

This weekend Peter, Strider and Colsen all traveled up to Ohio to spend some time with grandparents and cousins, and snow.

We had to say Goodbye to most of our men for a few days...

One of the big exciting things was that this was Colsen's FIRST plane ride.  He had been sooooo looking forward to it -- couldn't wait to FLY.  Right before they left he started to get a little nervous and asked me if there was any chance he could fall out the window, but I assured him he'd be perfectly safe.

And he was.  And he was THRILLED.
As soon as they landed, I talked to him on the phone and he couldn't wait to tell me about how they had been "right up in the clouds!"

For Rayna, Miles and me, the weekend was quieter -- and full of beautiful, sunny, warm weather.  We had a generally relaxing time, although I felt like I was playing Follow The Leader for the entire time.  Neither Rayna nor Miles likes for me to be out of their sight these days, so everywhere I went, they went.  I'm getting used to turning around and immediately having to sidestep a couple of little people if I want to change direction.

We did get a brief break from that game, though, when we went up to the Drescher's on Saturday.  Rayna was thankful to play with her girl cousins, while her brothers were off playing with their boy cousins.  We had a fun time visiting with them, and Nonna and Poppa who were babysitting there.

I've already heard many, many stories about the guys' time this weekend, and I'm sure I'm bound to hear more tomorrow, so another blog post is soon to come about the Ohio Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment