Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Effective diet plan

I was commenting to one of my new Moldovan friends lately about how we've noticed there doesn't seem to be a lot of overweight peole here (compared to America, at least).  I asked her if she thought it was because people walk so many places... but I was secretly hoping she would reply that it had to be their diet: lots of white bread (very yummy), chocolate (also very yummy), and wine (very prevalent).

It turned out that neither answer was correct.  According to this friend, the women here especially are very conscious to stay thin... because when they see old friends or family members they may be greeted with "Oh, you're looking so fat!" otherwise!  Apparently there is no shortage of frank honesty here!

I laughed, but then realized that this would be a very effective method.  If I knew I was going to come home to NC in a few months and hear, "Oh, you've gotten so fat!" I think I would definitely start to curtail my intake of all this very yummy bread, chocolate and wine!

I suspect people here may not subscribe to Weight Watchers... since they have friends to be just that for one another.  It's a much cheaper option, really.... unless you lose the friendship, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh... I need this diet plan, too. that's pretty funny that they'll just say it.

    ReplyDelete