Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Now he is 6!

Colsen strikes me as just the type of kid that A.A. Milne wrote about, so I thought this particular poem from Milne's Now We Are Six book was particularly appropriate yesterday:

"When I was One,
I had just begun.

When I was Two,
I was nearly new.

When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.

When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five,

I was just alive.

But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever."


Cole is very excited to be six, and we are very thankful to start another year with him!  He is our bird-watching, wildlife-learning, backyard-exploring, tool-wielding, imagination-stretching, sibling-protecting, math-oriented, jumping-around boy, and we love him.

He has demonstrated such a loving heart in his first 6 years, and I was happy to see that a new birthday had not diminished this.  Last night when one of his siblings was not allowed to have a piece of his special cake, Colsen immediately offered up his own piece to that sibling!  We love his soft heart.

(This pic is so typical of both boys!)

His big day was spent mostly with Daddy, going out and about, and then building a new 6-year-old-sized work-bench in the garage.  Violin lesson, dinner from Moe's, and an ice cream cake specially requested by him rounded out the evening.

May the Lord continue to protect him and grow him in His ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment