Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

Mountain Day

Our last day in Slovenia was spent in search of as much alpine beauty as we could find.

We found a lot -- and soaked it all in.

First we walked through Vintgar Gorge:




 (Glad we didn't have to cross this particular bridge:)






Then we explored through some small villages in search of waterfalls.  The waterfalls were less than we had expected, but we did find this random spot where some people were rock climbing.  Pete noticed these steps/ladder that went straight up and immediately started to climb.  I got to the second step and decided my fear of heights was kicking in, so I waited at the bottom until he came back.

We went back to Lake Bled for the afternoon and found a very steep hike up a mountain that had great views at the top!

This is the peak we climbed to the top of
 From the top:


Coming back down provided its own challenges... I kept slipping and falling and realized my shoes had very little tread on the bottom!  I had brought these favorite shoes on this trip because they are so lightweight and I wore them all the time the last time we were in Europe -- 6 years ago.  We decided they were officially too old now, so this was the last day for them.  Bye bye shoes!



It was a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment