Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

They're growing up

I keep thinking my "little guys" are still little.... but almost daily they remind me that they're not.


Tonight I told Colsen that if he wanted to watch the World Cup game tomorrow for an hour, he had to first read 2 chapters in his Black Stallion book.

This was enough to cause a big tirade, which ended with,

"You wanna know why other kids are more mature and smarter than me?? Because they get to watch more TV.  I never even get to watch shows with people in suits or about jobs or money or anything!*"


*Pretty sure this desire to see workplace shows has sprung out of a conversation he had with an older friend yesterday who said he currently is watching the show "Parks and Rec."



Meanwhile Miles spent the day at WinShape Camp and when he came home I grabbed his shoulders, squatted down, and said, "HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF CAMP??!"

Later he came up to me and said, "Mom, when you asked me about my first day of camp that way, it was just sooo --- how should I say it? --.... unorthodox."

"What??" I asked.

"In other words," he answered, "That was weird."

No comments:

Post a Comment