Pages

Monday, July 6, 2020

Fourth of July

Last year's Fourth of July was so significant to me.  I remember looking at all the cousins watching fireworks together and thinking about how that would be the last time for awhile because we would be moving away.  I was wondering how this year's festivities would go, and whether we would be lonely and sad or not.

Thankfully, we were not lonely and sad, and this year's Fourth had a joy all of its own.  While it was hard to be away from family, we invited new friends over to create some new traditions.  After dinner, before the fireworks began, I looked out in the yard and saw the kids all catching fireflies with their new friends and I was thankful for the magical time.  There's just something about this day, at the height of summer, and pure enjoyment it brings.






Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment