Pages

Monday, July 6, 2020

More small town joys

I know someday we will fine some disadvantages to living in a small town, but today is not that day.  All week we've been talking about the things we love about living here, such as...
  • Sometimes, such as this morning, when Pete goes running, he gets greeted by someone running by with a "Praying for you!"
  • Sometimes the local bakery puts a notice on their Facebook page that they're having a Flash Sale, and we can walk over and be there in 10 minutes.
  • Sometimes when I walk the 100 yards to the little Farmer's Market here, I find some treasures.  Like last week when I got a TEN pound Napa cabbage for $4.  It was enough to feed our family for several meals!
  • Sometime I groan when I hear that one of my kids needs therapy, but not this time when Jinna is undergoing another round of physical therapy.  We can WALK to the office, which makes it much more fun.  Plus they have an indoor pool she gets to use each time.
  • Sometimes the local movie theater shows a classic movie not everyone is interested in, but it's so easy.  Last week Miles, Jinna, and Rayna walked to the showing of Back to the Future and Colsen and I went for a bike ride instead.  (Pete was away for the weekend)

So yes, it's been a pretty fun and relaxing summer here so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment