Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Midwest Adventure

I (Pete) don’t post very often on this blog, but we traveled to Minneapolis this past weekend for a visit with my sister Sue and her family and we had an awesome time -- it's worthy of my entering blog-land to talk about it. Here are some of the many highlights:·

· Tubing and skiing on two of the 10,000 plus lakes
· Jumping on the trampoline
· Playing the Wii (guitar hero, golf, marble mania)
· A Twins game (versus the Diamondbacks in inter-league play)
· Pool/water park
· Cousin David’s baseball game
· Visiting my friend Soup
· Rides at the Mall of America
· An outdoor Church service

Some quotes from the weekend:

Strider to Amy: Today I went tubing and got some serious air

Rayna arriving home just off the plane, in a sad tone: I just miss Aunt Sue, Uncle Al, Maggie [the dog], David and Krista.

Strider: Did you know that with your plane ticket on the way there and the way back you get a free cup of juice? A free cup of juice if you have a ticket!


Me: Maybe we should spend the whole summer in Minnesota some year.















No comments:

Post a Comment