Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our green little boy

(For once the title does NOT refer to the fact that Colsen or one of his siblings colored all over him)Last night I brought home a plastic water bottle after work. There was still some water in it so Colsen chased me around saying, "Water! Water! Water!" until I let him play with it. He drank some of it, and then dumped the rest of it in my lap. After I had changed and come back down, he kept waving the bottle at me saying, "Trash! Trash!" I finally told him, yes, he could put it in the trash.

He instantly ran off into the kitchen, but within a few seconds I heard him yelling some more - this time asking for "Help! Help!" I said, "Colsen, just put in the trash! You can do it!' (he throws things away constantly around here).... but he kept yelling that he needed help.
So I finally went into the kitchen and found him standing at the door that goes out to the garage. Following his Lassie-like indications, I curiously opened the door. He dropped down to his hands and knees, and backed himself out to the garage.... and then went to put the bottle in the recycling bin!

No throwing away recyclable materials while this little one is on the watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment