Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strider's thoughts

As he winds up his year of being seven (tomorrow is his birthday!), I thought I would share a few of Strider's recent comments. So here are some of his thoughts...

...On social courtesies:
"Mom, I'm not trying to be mean, but you're a hypocrite. But you're a nice hypocrite and everything, but still. Whenever you invite someone over and they ask what they can bring, you first say, "nothing." But then when we go to someone else's house you always say you have to bring something. So you're being a hypocrite."

... On whether or not he ever feels lonely (we're still trying to get him to identify any negative emotions he has besides anger):
"No, I'm never lonely. Even when no one else is around, I still have all the ants and spiders around."

... On one of his favorite movies:
"Rebecca was surprised when I told her I like "The Princess Bride." I told her it's not actually about a princess, or a bride. I mean I know it is at the end -- but that's the worst part."

... On his verbosity:
"I don't talk that much! Probably just like every minute or so. Well, maybe more. Oh, ok, I'm talking right now! Well....."

.... And, on his birthday:
[Said on June 4th -- 2 days before his birthday]: "Mom, I know it's not your fault or anything, and I know you couldn't really choose, but I wish you had had me on June 5th instead. Then my birthday would be tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment