Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things I didn't expect to say or hear this afternoon.... but did

Me: Strider, why is your golf club here in the fridge??
S: I wanted it to get cold

Strider: Rayna, who were the other kids in your swim class this morning?
R: Ummm... Jacken... and... Blacken
Me: Rayna, what were their names really?
R: Thacken and Wacken
Me: Rayna.... do you know?
R: It was Mr. Peter and Mrs. Jolly (Interpretation: "No")

R: What restaurant are we going to go to?
Me: Cheesecake FactoryR: Where we see how they make cookies?
Me: No

Strider: Oh no! Did my somersaults ruin my mohawk?!?

Colsen: Ha-bum! Ha-bum! Ha-bum!
Me: Does "ha-bum" mean you want more bread?
C: [happy feet] Ah! Ah! (Interpretation: Yes! Of course!)

Me: Rayna, make a bridge on the floor. .... No -- don't draw it on the floor!!

Me: Strider, don't "Shoo" your brother!

Rayna: [Opening up a piece of paper] I'm going to make a copashon.
Me: What's a copashon?
R: It looks like a word that starts with a rhyme.


So now I'm headed off to hear my students' presentations at work tonight. I hope they make more sense than what I've been involved with so far today. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment