Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanks, honey

Yesterday I was wearing some warm clothes, since it was freezing, and I decided to put a non-maternity vest over my shirt. I knew I looked a little funny, but was just happy I could get it zipped over my very large belly. Pete smiled when he saw me, and when I started to make some defensive comments about how I couldn't find anything else to wear, and it was warm, even if it didn't look good, etc., he was quick to reassure me.


"No," he said, "you look cute! I like that look."
So I was feeling better about myself...


Until he added,
"It kind of reminds me of that scene from "Tommy Boy" where Chris Farley puts on David Spade's coat."


And he proceeded to sing the "Fat guy in a little coat" song for me.
I'm thinking this was NOT a compliment.


(Here's the link to the scene if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWwQZp7r_8&feature=related)


WARNING: There is some offensive language in this scene, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment