Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Through the eyes of a child

When I couldn't see Colsen this afternoon while we were outside in the yard, I called out, "Cole, where are you??"


His little voice responded, "In the woods!"


Curious to see these "woods," I came to find him..... here:
You can see how it feels like a forest to him I guess.... but here is where he really was -- from my perspective:




(Granted, it is starting to look a bit jungle-ish since we haven't trimmed our bushes in way too long.... )
I chuckled when I was thinking about this because it reminded me of when my brothers used to get so excited to go play in The Forest when we were little. The Forest was an adventurous 2 yards away from our house, and provided lots of coverage for all their secrets and spying -- as well as a passage-way to get to some neighbors' who lived a whopping 4 houses away.
We all laugh about it now, because as it turns out, The Forest is, and has always been, a total of 7 or 8 medium-sized cypress trees all in a line along the back edge of the neighbor's property.
But oh how exciting the perspective is of a pint-sized person!

No comments:

Post a Comment