Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Because we apparently have not had quite enough family time lately...

Last week was quite busy with various family parties and outings with the entire Wray clan, so this morning when I woke up and realized I didn't have anywhere I had to go, it was a nice feeling. I also realized that I have to work the next 3 nights, so I figured today was the day to just wear "bum around" clothes, sans make-up, etc. And my neighbor who occasionally does the ol' "pop-in" had just come over a couple days ago, so I figured our house could stay dirty without anyone seeing it today.

But I was wrong. I had called Karin earlier today when she wasn't home, so she called me back this afternoon. We chatted for awhile... until she walked into my kitchen while we were still talking! Their whole family pulled a spontaneous pop-in on us (they owed us from a previous incident). It was a happy surprise for all of us!

After we had some dinner together and played for a bit, we decided to pay it forward and we all caravaned over to Dan and Amy's house to pop-in on them, too. We told them we were all there for another family portrait time; the sheer panic on their faces was priceless (just kidding).

We walked around their new yard and house a bit... and then Dan pulled out his work helmet and a fun game ensued (see this video)...


Even though I was a mess, my kids were a mess, and my house was a mess (Pete's never a mess -- he's always his handsome self), we still enjoyed the spontaneity of summer! And again we realized how nice it is to live near family.

No comments:

Post a Comment