Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More glimpses of the world through the eyes of a 2-year old

Recently Colsen picked up a calculator and started pushing the buttons intently. Strider tried to take it away, and Cole yelled, "NO! I HAVE TO MAKE A TEXT!!"

(The interesting thing is... neither Pete nor I have texting capabilities -- no phone plan with this included, and no knowledge of how to even begin texting... yes, we're old folks now. So I don't know how Colsen has learned that this is something all the young folks should be doing!)

****
Last weekend Pete and Strider were attempting to watch Star Wars -- a rite of passage for all boys, right? Colsen was apparently trying to track with it all. But he wasn't quite getting it, I guess, because at one point some creature picked up R2D2, and Cole turned to Pete and said, "Why is he picking up that man's vacuum?"

***
And this morning I was trying to give him the exciting news that his new cousin was about to be born today. I said, "Aunt Katie is about to have her baby!" And I expected some response like, "I want to see him," or "What is his name going to be?" Instead, the only thing Cole wanted to know was, "Does Aunt Katie have a bouncy seat for the baby??" Important things first, I guess.

And on that note, we're eagerly waiting word this afternoon to hear that this little nephew of ours has come into the world... Should be soon!

2 comments:

  1. If watching star wars is a rite of passage then I'm not a man. Tell Colsen not to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll know all about texting when they get older. Trust me...it's a good way to keep up with them!
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete