Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Conversation from lunch today

Gotta love the stream-of-consciousness talking.

Colsen: Can I have some chicken brox on my cracker?
Me: Some what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Colsen: Chicken brox like when make you rice.
Me: Oh, chicken broth? You know what chicken broth is? No, you can’t have it on your cracker.
Strider: Colsen, you can call it chicken broth or chicken stock. Hey, Mom, can we make homemade chicken broth?
Me: Um, sure.
Strider: It’s just chicken-flavored water, right? Hey, didn’t you tell me that you have a friend from high school or something that makes like wine or something from honey?
Me: Yes, I do. Why?
Strider: Does it still taste bitter since it’s alcohol?
Me: No, actually it’s pretty sweet.
Strider: So it’s like drinking honey??!?!
Me: No, not that sweet…

But while we're on the topic, I'll post a link to that friend's (and her husband's) business, Fox Hill Meadery. The mead is quite tasty, I have to say. If you go to Asheville, check it out -- or you an also order some!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious, Amy! Thank you for pointing me here! :)

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete