Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Current soundtrack

As usual, it's been pretty loud around here lately. If I were to dissect the din, though, here are some of the elements that could be heard:

a.) Dueling "Silent Nights" (ironically)

Both Strider and Rayna are learning Silent Night on instruments this year -- Strider has picked it out by ear on the piano, and now we're adding some chords, and Rayna is learning to play her glockenspiel, to her great joy.



b.) "Colsenisms," often followed by laughter.

Some of the things he's said lately:


"Here's my old Blackberry that doesn't work anymore. Do you want it?" He hands me an old Leapster cartridge, then says, "I still have my Blueberry that works here" as he plays with a plastic rectangle.

Talking on his pretend phone one day, (excuse me, his Blueberry): "Hi Will, What are you doing? Oh, you're eating gum? Oh, Ok. Bye!" Turning to me..."That was Will. He was crying and had to go." I asked him why he was crying, and the answer was, "He got in trouble. He was eating gum without asking."

"Daddy, are you going to be a baby someday, when I'm going to be a man? No? You're going to be a man, too? We're going to be TWO MANS?!" (escalating to glee)

"No, Mommy! You can't put gas in the car! Only Daddy can do that. He might spank you!" (Yes, I'm very spoiled... he's apparently never seen me put gas in the car)

"Here's my baby, do you want to hold her?" He hands me a doll. "Can I have her back now? She wants to sleep on my shoulder." I ask him if he's the baby's mama, or her big brother. He answers, "No. I'm her grandmother."

One day when Miles is exasperating me by getting into all the kitchen cabinets while I'm trying to cook, I say, "Miles, you're starting to bug me." Colsen, without missing a beat, says, "Let's just put him back in your belly!" He said it so quickly that I think he's been contemplating that one for awhile.


c.) Even Miles has something to say!
He has his first word now, "Bye" said in the very Southern tradition as "Bah."

So he's joining in the noise creation around here.... as well as working on his tough manly skills by pushing around very large chairs:
Yep, there's lot to hear around here!

1 comment: