Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random sampling of my thoughts and observations today

8:15 am: My attempt to slip the crushed up lentils in the kids' oatmeal did not go over well.

8:55 am: I asked: What is this crusty stuff on the top of Miles' head? The answer: Rayna put glue on him.

10:45: Feels like I'm banging my head repeatedly into a wall during my attempt to do Rayna's math lesson with her. I hear happy sounds coming from the other room, though, as Strider and Aunt Katie are doing chemistry experiments, so at least part of school is good today.

11:35 am: Doritos make all lunches better.

11: 55 am: Why do babies need to do a universal gravity test on every object in front of them? Anything Miles can reach needs to be thrown to the floor.

11:56 am: And why does he refuse to eat the things on his high chair tray, but will eat anything and everything off the floor? Should I start serving him his meals under the table?

2:00 pm: Took the kids to the neighborhood school for their "Wise Men's Shoppe." They were able to pick out little gifts for family members, and then volunteers offered to giftwrap them. Strider offered to tip the lady who wrapped his. How did he know to even think of this?

3:45 pm: Took the kids to a Ceramics studio to paint some Christmas gifts. I still have no artistic bone in my body, and it still remains to be seen whether my kids inherited any.

5:25 pm: Colsen has single-handedly created an entire load of dirty laundry today.

6:05 pm: Realizing my internal music soundtrack today has been a replaying loop alternating between the kids' church song, "Nuthin' Nuthin', Absolutely Nuthin'" and the Curious George Christmas song.

6:30 pm: Enjoyed hearing Strider talk to his cousin on the phone tonight, and hearing and seeing Rayna's Toby Mac impression.

7:45 pm: Read a chapter from our Christmas book "Jotham's Journey" with the kids tonight. Would have been nicer if Miles wasn't crying through most of it.

8:05 pm: Reading Strider's list of the things he loves about each of his family members was quite sweet. Would have been even sweeter if it wasn't a forced assignment given by Pete.

8:58 pm: Waiting for Pete to come home!


(Now if I were on Twitter, I could have tweeted each of these things in real time. Wouldn't that have been exciting? What a loss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment