Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend getaway

For the first time in almost 3 years, Pete and I had a whole weekend kid-free!  And it was the best weekend EVER!

We started out in the most luxurious way we could imagine... by getting looong massages at Ballantyne Resort.  (We had gotten a gift card when Miles was born and were finally able to use it!)  Here we are afterwards.... Do we look relaxed?
 Then we were off to an Asian-fusion restaurant...
 I took this picture of the food in honor of Keiko.  :)
We spent most of our time at Sonshine Inn.  As usual, Mom went OVER THE TOP with all the decorations and delicious food ready for us there!   We were very happy to just chill and relax in such a beautiful setting.
 (Pete took this picture of me, and when I saw it afterwards I was dismayed by all the wrinkles around my eyes!  So I'm leaving it SMALL here, so the wrinkles are less noticeable...)
We also went for a bike ride...
...and for the first time in way too many years, hit the courts!

 

I'd LIKE to say that I actually beat Pete in a set... but that would be bragging, so I won't.

The rest of the weekend we mostly just chilled out, but we did take the opportunity to do some kid-free shopping as well... Shopping for really exciting things like a dishwasher and a vacuum cleaner.  We were successful with one of them anyway!
I need to note here that Pete was being a very good sport with all my picture-taking this weekend.  He thought I was a bit over-the-top myself, but didn't resist too much.  I have a terrific husband!

Meanwhile, while we were at Sonshine Inn, Nonna and Poppa were watching the kids.  I'm not completely clear on all the details of their adventures, but I do know that when we arrived home we found that a bottle of corn syrup had just been dumped on the carpet in our living room, and permanent marker was all over the pantry door.  So we didn't ask many questions about the rest of the weekend.  It sounds like the kids had fun, though!  (Whether Nonna and Poppa ever recover... is a matter for prayer.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is awesome! Yes, don't ask questions just smile and nod!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job for taking pictures! (of food, too!) It's Japanese thing...and I kinda glad I do because I remember all the good stuff with good memories. :)

    ReplyDelete