Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

While Mommy was gone...

I had a job this weekend which took me away from home for 24 hours.  During the time I was gone:
  • a child broke a bowl into many, many pieces
  • a child broke a glass into many, many pieces
  • a child persisted in trying to run away without shoes on many, many times
  • a child woke up at 6:00 am
  • a child got a busted, bloody knee
  • kids did Taekwondo in the living room
  • ferocious wind and storms cancelled both our yard sale and Strider's baseball game
  • everyone was stranded inside due to rain for a lot of the day
  • someone played the theme to "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the piano no less than 20 times
  • oh, and 6 extra people came for dinner and to spend the night!  (Pete's sister's family)

And even though I spent the day teaching a class from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (yes that's seven hours!), it felt like I was on vacation!  Of course it didn't hurt that I spent the night at the lovely Waverly Inn

I'm excited that I get to go back there for another class in 2 weeks!

Now before everyone starts the "Poor, poor Pete" chorus (a song my friends and family seem to have perfected), let me just say that he gets to go the exact same place (same Waverly Inn and all) this summer on SIX different nights.  So he'll have more than plenty of his own teaching vacations.

And we'll see what happens here while Daddy is gone (yet again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment