Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Let the Christmas parties begin!

On Friday we had not one but TWO parties at the Coles' house.  I forgot my camera both times, though, and when I borrowed Alleyn's camera to take a couple pics, I used it upside-down.  So we'll just have to rely on our memories for those events!  The highlight for me was the caroling.  It looked like this upside-down.


Saturday, though, I did have my camera for Strider's Club 45 Christmas party.  The kids all decorated gingerbread houses, which of course was a hit.  You put a bunch of lively kids in a room with a bunch of colored candy, and who can complain?

 There were a few Clemson fans in the room:

After the decorating, they had some time to talk together, and Strider shared a little about his upcoming trip to Moldova.  Then the kids put their sugar highs to good use playing charades.


Strider miiiiight not be happy that I posted this picture of him doing the Charlie Brown dance....  This is just evidence of how much sugar he had consumed!

Then on Sunday we had a church-wide surprise party for our pastor and his family, who have served our church now for 10 years.  It was fun watching the looks on their faces when they realized the party was for them.  And it was even more fun watching the skits and funny impressions.  The event was emotional and exciting and heart-warming.... none of which I captured in the pictures below.  But I tried.


All I can say is that it's a good thing we can remember things even without pictures, since my camera skills are so lacking.  The unfortunate thing is that my memory is also falling more and more into the "lacking" category.... so even the bad pictures may have to suffice at some point.


Anyway, it's a been an unusually fun weekend of parties, and we're thankful for lives full of celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment