Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

The pretty side of Borax

Borax has become a basic staple in my house as I use it to make various cleaning concoctions (disinfectant, toilet cleaner, laundry aid, etc) but I had never made something pretty with it before!  I saw on some web site or Pinterest or somewhere (now I've forgotten where!) that someone made Christmas ornaments with just pipe cleaners and Borax... and that sounded like just the kind of craft I could handle.

So we boiled water, shaped the pipe cleaners....



 ... and then hung them in jars with the Borax/water mixture (suspended from pencils they were tied to).


By the next morning, crystals had formed and they were all sparkly!  

Christmas magic!  Or... Beautiful Borax.
I highly recommend this simple, magical project!

No comments:

Post a Comment