Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Although sad we couldn't celebrate in person with Poppa and Grandpa today, we enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate the great DAD within our house.  This morning we had a large brunch, which included homemade cinnamon rolls, and then tonight we were treated to a wonderful lasagne dinner at some friends' house! With a beautiful sunny day to enjoy in between, it was altogether a good day and I think Pete felt celebrated.

Each year I love seeing more and more of the kids' personalities shining through in the cards that they make for people;  the products this time were full of creativity and energy.  Even Miles wanted to do his "all by my-sailf" although he admitted he needed help with some of the letters.  He made a great sunshine, though!

I had the kids fill out a little form "All About My Dad" and their answers were fun to read.  Here are some examples of the sentences they were to complete, and what they wrote to fill in the blanks:

My dad is 39 years old.  His hair is just a little bit   and his eyes are brown.   (Rayna)
My dad is 39 years old.  His hair is gone and his eyes are  have pupils.   (Colsen)
My dad likes to wear a scarf  .  (Miles)  [I guess our winter was toooo long]
My dad likes to wear a black shirt  . (Rayna)
Daddy always tells me to finish my chore.  (Strider)
Daddy always tells me he loves me.  (Rayna)
Daddy always tells me Hey.  (Miles)
Daddy always tells me special things like, "Do you want to go outside?"  (Colsen)
It makes my Dad happy when he gets hugs and kisses.  (Miles)
It makes my Dad happy when he's in a crowd.  (Strider)
It makes my Dad happy when he plays with me.  (Colsen)
It makes my Dad happy when we wash the car.  (Rayna)
If I could give my daddy anything, it would be a brown shirt.  (Rayna)
If I could give my daddy anything, it would be a jet-ski airplane.  (Colsen)
My favorite thing about my Dad is  when he helps me with things I need help with.  (Strider)
My favorite thing about my Dad is  he loves me.  (Rayna)
My favorite thing about my Dad is  he plays with me everyday.  (Colsen)
My favorite thing about my Dad is  wrestling .  (Miles)


I am very thankful that our kids have such a man to look up to.  These past six months they've all noticed him being compassionate and generous on a daily basis;  he is always running over to the corner store to buy a loaf of bread for someone he sees picking through the dumpster, or giving money to the poor folks begging at intersections.  I love that the kids get to witness that, and hope they will be just like their daddy someday!

He's a very patient and giving man, this Peter Frank.  Even just yesterday he willingly --with ne'er a complaint at all -- went to the food markets three different times for his crazy and forgetful wife.  We're very thankful for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment