Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Giving update

As I wrote earlier, the tuberculosis children's center in this neighborhood is desperately in need of new windows and doors to keep the building warm during the frigid winter nights, and I am so thrilled that our friends and families have been stepping up to give money for this!

When I told Liuba that we almost have enough for the new doors (cost = $4000) she went into shock, and then broke down into tears (and then so did I!)  (and then Strider rolled his eyes).  I told her we are going to keep trying to get the rest of the amount for new windows as well (cost = $22,000), and she was so, so grateful.

If anyone is ready to contribute to this very direct and specific need, there are 2 ways to give:  
Moldova World Children's Fund
P.O. Box 548
Hendersonville, NC 28793-0548

All of the money received in the next couple of months will go completely to this project.

Here are Liuba and some of the precious children you will be helping!


 And we thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amy,

    Thank you for your support. I really enjoyed your article. My name is Victor Bubuioc, I am originally from Moldova and am currently on the Moldova World Children's Fund BOD. I started a Facebook page for MWCF: http://www.facebook.com/MoldovaWorldChildrensFund. Please check it out sometime.

    Thank you,

    Victor

    ReplyDelete