Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

A Summer-y walk around the block

This is the picture I predict my mom will like best!
Since I took pictures of our neighborhood here in the winter and in the spring, I thought I should complete the series before we left.  (Today is our last day in Moldova!)

It's been kind of cool to see all the changes over the last 6 months.  Arriving in the winter meant that every month afterwards held new surprises for us as we watched what grew and developed out of the barrenness.

Now, if I had to summarize my surroundings, I would say it's a Land of Fruit and Flowers!






These are some of the residents behind one of the fences


There are grapes like this everywhere!
Seems like there are always people out and about
Community living -- the playground is always full at this apt. building
The neighbors' a couple doors down from us-- there always seems to be a party here!

Back "home" in front of our gate

Farewell lovely Chisinau!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! Love seeing your pictures. How fun to go on to Austria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes -- you're right -- I LOVE that picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete