Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Some girly activities -- finally

Poor Rayna is surrounded by boys in our house, in our neighborhood, and in her Sunday School class.  Although she never really seems to mind, I am always on the look-out for girlfriends for her!  (Thankfully she has a couple of cousins who she can hang out with occasionally at least.)

I decided it was a good time to go ahead and start a girls' group (associated with "Keepers of the Faith") through our local homeschool co-op.  At our first official meeting yesterday, eight girls gathered, ages 7-15.  It was a really sweet time with them all getting to know each other and playing together.

Our group plans to meet twice a month and each time a different mom will lead the girls through a specific activity or skill.  Yesterday I taught the girls the beginnings of calligraphy, and then we used the fancy lettering to make Valentine cards for people.



They all worked hard, practicing the whole alphabet before starting to write out the verses for the cards.  Afterwards we talked about how a lot of things take hard work, and then they memorized Colossians 3:23 as a reminder of Who their hard work is for.

Last night as Rayna was praying before dinner, she ended with, "And thank You that I had a really good time with all my friends today."  I don't get to hear her say things like that often, so I was very thankful, too!  I hope these girls will all continue to be friends over the coming months, and that they'll continue to grow into beautiful young women who love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment