Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rayna's Dance Recital!

Rayna has been working hard all year learning tap and ballet, and this weekend was the big culmination event of the year!  I had nooooo idea how big of a production this would end up being.  She and I ended up spending almost 8 hours in the auditorium at Wingate this weekend, most of it waiting backstage for to either rehearse or perform.

 (I was very glad that this happened to be at Pete's workplace, so he could give me log-in information for the wi-fi there.  Otherwise I would have been bored beyond measure!  As it was, it was still awfully long and, well, boring.)

Rayna had a great time, though, whether waiting or dancing!  She looked so cute in her costumes.



 
 Rehearsing on the big stage:


 There were about 25 different dances being performed, including a few by guest soloists, and it ended up being a pretty spectacular show.  I was backstage for most of it, but Pete took some pictures and I got a few glimpses from the back.  The whole show's theme was about New York City.


 Rayna's first dance:

R in the center
 Some more dances:

 Rayna's second dance:
R on the far right

R on the far right
 The finale:



The whole company
 During the intermission I asked Colsen what he thought of the show.  His first comment was, "Rayna did really great!"  Then he went on to tell me that he was really enjoying all of the various acts.... especially the jazz and hip-hop numbers.  Now he wants to be a dancer, too!

Rayna's proud men:

 Pete went up to the stage to give her flowers at the end of the show.   So from there on out, Rayna kept announcing, "I won!  I got the flowers first!"  I won!"

As she was leaving the stage, the first thing she said to me was, "I don't want to go home!  Do I have to go home?"  I think she loves performing.  :)

So, I guess we had a fun 8 hours in this building, overall!


No comments:

Post a Comment