Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

8 things I've loved about the kids this month

***

1. The way Miles still likes to suck his thumb while holding someone's shirt- -often Colsen's.  I just heard him chasing Colsen around the house saying, "Let me hold your shirt!"
Colsen ran over to the couch and sat down and said, "Ok, now you can hold my shirt forever."

***

2. The way Miles says "blankelet."

***

3. How Rayna has been making salads for us all month.  She loves getting everything out, washing it all, cutting all the vegetables...  Tonight's included a few surprise ingredients, like apple and cabbage and parmesan cheese, along with the "regulars" (lettuce, peppers, cucumbers).  She's a very enthusiastic and creative salad maker!

***

4. Conversations between Strider and Miles like this one:

Miles:  Strider, my nickname is Milo.
Strider:  No, it isn't.  It's Shenanigan Fartbutton.

***

5. Conversations with Colsen like this:

Me, as I'm walking in the door:  Hey, Cole, how are ya?
Cole:  Oh, I'm perfecter than awesome!!!

***

6. The way Miles gets upset when he forgets what he was going to say, and then wails, "I forgot my wood!"  (still no "r's" for this little guy)

***

7. The way dinner ended tonight with Pete doing a magic trick that perplexed everyone and all 4 kids started chasing him around, shrieking.  But the magician never revealed his method!  So, now the kids are all busy working with scotch tape, trying to replicate the "'magic."


***

8. Watching these two bird-watching:

1 comment: