Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Fire Station Field Trip

My favorite shot of the day:  Giving his brother an explanation

All I can say is: It was a good idea to go to a place that had plenty of firefighters, since one of my kids climbed too high there -- and had to be rescued.  (true story)

That's not really all I can say.  In fact, I could say quite a bit more.  Like -- the men at the Mint Hill Fire Dept are really great with kids!  They had 50 of them today, ranging in age from 2 to 12, and they spent a whole bunch of time with us, showing the kids just about anything they could think of.

Gee-Gee and Grandpa are in town today, so Gee-Gee and I took the 3 younger kids to the fire station, and we all learned a lot.  First they showed us how they put on their equipment.



 And then they let the kids check out how strong and tough everything was.
I think this guy was wondering why exactly he had invited 20 kids to come stomp on his boots.

 Then the kids got to check out the fire hoses:






We learned all about the different trucks, got a tour of the house, and heard about how things work.

Now, of course, I have a couple boys who think it might be really great to grow up to be a firefighter...

Good field trip on this chilly day!

No comments:

Post a Comment