Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

The longevity of a CD drive

So it turns out that a broken CD drive on a computer CAN go in and out and in and out and in and out for at least 4 weeks.  Ours is still going, so when it finally wears itself out we can all have the definitive answer of how long it will actually go.

This incessant noise and motion would have driven the 20-something me completely batty in about 4.3 minutes, but somehow the 40-something me is still semi-functioning and even occasionally smiling, even going on week 4 of it.

I'm not sure if this is because the repetitive redundancies of motherhood have developed in me a patience and tolerance that I would never have imagined, or if I have just been dulled down to a mere nub, and nothing can rattle nubs.

Either way, something has definitely changed between my 20's and my 40's, and I thank the CD drive for pointing it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment