Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just more day-in-the-life stuff

Today...

Woke up tired because Cole woke us up twice last night saying his legs were cold (they weren't). This boy has incurred some serious debt from the Pete-and-Amy-Frank Sleep Bank... wonder when repayment of that loan comes due?

In school this morning, was teaching the first 5 of the 10 Commandments. Thought I was being clever by teaching them a rhythmic way to chant them. Cleverness backfired since I had to hear Rayna repeat, "Thou shalt not take - the name - of the Lord thy God in vain" over and over and over for the rest of the day. Only she kept saying "vame" instead of "name." Every time.

All 3 kids spilled their drinks at lunch. Seriously?

Gave Colsen a haircut, through which he never once kept his head still. And now I've had hair in my throat ever since.

Strider's been excitedly watching an eBay auction today -- he's practicing some strategies to out-bid other people (using his own money) on Brady Bunch Season 3. He just came back down tonight to check the status. Auction is over at 3 am tonight -- he'd better not get up to check it then.

Wednesdays are interesting because Pete can go into work later in the mornings, but doesn't come home until after 9 at night. (And tonight even later because he has a church meeting after work) So I tried to sneak a shower this evening, and left Strider in charge. A few minutes later I heard some crying in the distance, but had the thought, "One is crying, one is probably inflicting the pain, but that still leaves one able body to come tell me about it"... so continued the shower.

Later Strider came in saying, "Mom, I accidentally -- ACCIDENTALLY -- hurt Colsen's cheek with a fort rod." I didn't know that doing his Vocabulary homework had become such a high contact sport. Then Colsen came in the bathroom as I was getting out of the shower -- sure enough with a welt on his cheek-- to tell me "[Know]Why I said, "Oh no!"? Because Miles pulled out ALL my hair!" He then proceeded (unrelated to his injury) to try and check my body behind the towel to see if I had a you-know-what. (I don't.)

As I was putting them all to bed tonight and expressing my disappointment that Strider had not finished all his work for the day, he triumphantly replied, "Mom -- it seems that every other day I have a GOOD day for school. So tomorrow's going to be great!" Let's hope so.

My big outing for the day was this morning while Pete was still home: I took Colsen to the library to get some books I needed and to let him experience Toddler Storytime. In other words, for "fun" today I got to go watch a bunch of other 2-year olds not listen. The din was unbelievable-- they call that Storytime??

1 comment:

  1. I just have to laugh along with you Amy--so much of what you say rings so very true, and accurate in my own life with a 7 (almost 8), 5.5, 2 (almost 3) and 1 year old. My kids have figured out how to unlock our bathroom door with a credit card. Those tiny, few moments of (what I thought were) complete privacy have now evaporated. And, I have juvenile delinquents in the making, to boot! Homeschoolers! Keep up the good work. It's not the day-to-day which is the measure, it's the years. It has to be. ANd if nothing else, you keep me sane! Catrin

    ReplyDelete