Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Imago Dei

God is first presented to us in Genesis as Creator, and we, being made in His likeness, can be mini-creators. I totally resonate with that. But then, 2 chapters later in Genesis, we see that God is also a Restorer and a Fixer... and that is the part I don't feel like I got in my genetic code.

Tonight at dinner I was trying to express this thought to Pete, and Strider, listening in, said, "Huh??" So, I summed it up for him by saying, "Basically, I don't feel like cleaning the house."

Our plans for tonight were cancelled, and with a forecasted snow day tomorrow, I am faced with several hours to do something. And while there are many things calling for my attention in this house (broken items, dirty floors, disorganized desks, etc), I am trying to find any excuse to use my creative side instead. I would much rather MAKE something... a list, a plan, a dream, a book, a photo essay, a spreadsheet, a meal (but only with a new recipe), a baked good, a Power Point presentation, a video, anything in Publisher, a blog post -- hey look at that!

But the restoring, re-doing, and un-doing that really begs to be done here... all of that is what I'd like to ignore. Pete said to Strider tonight, though, "Mommy doesn't WANT to do the cleaning and fixing around here, but she knows it needs to be done, so she does it anyway." Hmmmmm.

I think I'm pretty much stuck in Genesis 1-3 and haven't grown into His Restorative image just yet... But there's always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment