Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well, most of it... I was gonna say...

Strider has been gone for a lot of the weekend, giving us more opportunity to hear some of the other voices in this household. Funny voices, with funny phrases they've been trying out...

Rayna has randomly started adding, "I was gonna say!" to her conversations. As in, "You want me to turn left? I was gonna say!" Or, "I should eat my vegetables? I was gonna say!" She always expects a little laugh from us when she says it, so she apparently thinks she's being funny or cool.

Colsen, meanwhile, has started peppering his speeches with, "most of it." As in, "Well, Mr. Dickmann is sorta my friend, but most of it he's Daddy's friend."

Or, "Mom, what are we gonna do tomorrow? Most of it, can we have oatmeal? Cuz I really like oatmeal. But not gross oatmeal. Can you not put gross stuff it in it? Don't put fruit in it. Just put sugar in it. Daddy everytime makes it good. He puts cimmamim in it. Can you do that? Just put cimmamim in it, ok?"


We had a good time celebrating Kai's 2nd birthday yesterday... the kids LOVED their playroom -- who wouldn't?

And then Strider went off for his adventure with Nonna and Poppa. When I talked to him last night, he was saying all kinds of things like, "Oh boy, Mom. You shoulda seen..." and "This has been the BEST..." So I'm thinking he's had a great time.

Speaking of adventures, our car also decided to have one of its own this afternoon, after Pete (AGAIN) forgot to leave it in gear when he parked it in the driveway. This was where we found it later... Fun weekend for all, humans and machines. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you have a berm in front of that pond! That's really funny and lucky that he didn't hit anyone or anything!

    ReplyDelete