Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

These are the kinds of things I most want to remember

Colsen has always had a soft and sweet heart, but lately I've enjoyed hearing his thoughts more than ever.

The other day I was reading a book to the kids and he kept trying to turn my face a different direction.  I started to get frustrated because I couldn't see the page I was reading, until he explained, "I just wanted to see your face.  I love your beautiful face."  It made my whole day -- or maybe my whole year.

This morning I was in a bad mood, and as we were driving in the car, he blurted out, "Mom, I love you."  I told him I loved him, too.  Then he repeated, "Mom, I love you AGAIN!"  I told him I loved him again, too.  He was quiet for a few seconds and then he said, "I just can only keep thinking that I love you again and again!"


Is there anything sweeter than a 4-year old boy??

Well, maybe this...

Strider, Colsen and I went to a little book sale this afternoon and Colsen wanted to pick out something to buy with his own money.  He settled on buying a fuzzy pencil, and then decided he wanted to get one for Rayna, too.  When we got home, he ran right in to tell her....

Cole:  Rayna!!  I got you something!!
Rayna, running into the room:  What?!?!  You got me something?!
Cole:  See!  Here! This pencil!
Rayna:  OOHHHH COLSEN!!  THANK YOU!!!!

She wanted to hug him right away, and then show the rest of us her new treasure.  You woulda thought she had been given a brand new car.

I love how those 2 love each other.

2 comments:

  1. love it. makes me want to cry....We need a sibling for Kawika. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I forgot that I commented on this so I was going to tell you AGAIN that this makes me cry. I love your kids. So cute!

    ReplyDelete