Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meeting Hannah


 What a sweet little peanut Hannah is!  I had such a fun time today getting to see and hold her for the first time.  She is so petite.... such a tiny little head!  And she was so at peace in her mother's arms.  (Katie looks FANTASTIC, by the way -- see?!)

 The other Aunt Amy enjoyed getting to hold her, too, and Uncle Dan did his typical "look at" the baby.  He's still scared to hold other people's babies.  Something to do with a risk-benefit analysis....

 Anyway, I was thrilled to get to hold her.  I could hold a happy, sleeping baby all day long!

For anyone who has not had the opportunity to read her daddy's "press release," I wanted to share my favorite part.  Since it is a press release after all, I'm assuming it for public consumption! 
After describing Hannah's vitals and delivery, and reporting on interviews with various people invovled, Graham writes,

"Utilizing revolutionary technology that translates newborn facial contortions into colloquialisms and semi-complete thoughts, doctors and nurses were able to interpret the following from Hannah (using a board-certified infalinguist to fill in the gaps): “I like the name Hannah,” she said. “It’s cool ‘cause it’s like a palindrome, you know? Even if people spell it backwards, I’m all right. By the way, my Mom is awesome!!”

Hannah also scored an 8 and 9, respectively, on the one- and five-minute APGAR, just like her big brother. Upon hearing of the tie, Titus casually informed Hannah that “scoring an 8 and 9 on the APGAR isn’t as hard today as it was in my day,” but Hannah appeared nonetheless confident."


This little one is very blessed already, and we're all so thankful for her!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Amy on becoming an Aunty again--what fun! And, seriously, WHO looks that good 3 days after having a baby!!! I have a day-3 photo after I had Lydia---it was taken in the middle of my hormonal crash. I look slightly deranged, if not dangerous! So kudos to Wray genes which obviously handle pregnancy and childbirth exceptionally well ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, Catrin, it's not a Wray gene! I looked quite the opposite of Katie. Karin, however, always looked pretty good post-labor... so maybe it IS a Wray gene and I somehow got skipped! Bummer.

    ReplyDelete