Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Special guest teachers

Yesterday the students at Poplar Streams Academy had the extraordinary experience of having some visiting teachers come to do a lesson.  Bearing striking resemblances to Nonna and Poppa, Professor Popcorn and Mother Marshmallow* arrived all decked out in their (academic?) regalia.

Along with actual popcorn and marshmallows to eat (which instantly granted them Most Favorite Teacher status for the year), these teachers also brought a whole lesson planned out about dolphins.  The kids got to hear all kinds of interesting facts and stories!
(Milo never quite got past the interesting costume)

To make a weird day even weirder, around lunch time when my mom and a couple of the kids were outside, a woman walked by with some reins and a bridle and asked if we had seen her horse.  Her horse!  Apparently it was loose and lost in the neighborhood.

(My mom said later she wished she had answered the woman saying, "Oh, is he yours?  We brought him inside because we weren't quite sure whose he was.")

I thought this scene was funny, too....  My dad took a phone call at one point after lunch and was having a serious conversation with someone, (maybe about work?), and this is what he looked like:

Too bad the caller couldn't actually see him!


We sure love a good adventure at Poplar Streams Academy.

* When I was little my favorite assumed name for myself was Maria Marshmallow.  I also made my siblings be Melanie Marshmallow, Mark Marshmallow, Matthew Marshmallow and Marsha Marhsmallow.  I know they all loved it.  I've continued using the pseudonym into adulthood, too....  Whenever I do Preschool time with my kids, I make them call me Mrs. Marshmallow. 
So, I guess crazy Food Names run in the family.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day for you kids! I think I saw your two older ones at learning more about dolphins yesterday at the movies seeing "Dolphin Tale"...

    ReplyDelete