Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Yet another chapter in Life With Boys

Living with 3 young boys sure is interesting.  Here's some of what I've experienced this week...

There have been zany games:
Strider was vacuuming the other night and he somehow made it into a game: "I'm trying to jump across the room and turn it on without touching the floor!" he gleefully reported.
Only an 11-year old boy would think of this.

There have been scares:
This morning I realized Miles was not in the house. I went out to look for him... in the yard, up the street, down the street. Then I heard his little voice, "I'm up here." I went into the garage and found him at the top of a tall ladder Pete had left set up for a handyman. And I wasn't even surprised.

There have been power trips:
I went outside yesterday and saw Colsen had a bungee cord attached to a tree.  When I asked him what he was doing, he answered, pointing, "I'm trying to move this tree over there."

And more power trips:
As Rayna, Colsen, Miles and I were driving in the car a couple mornings ago, Colsen piped up out of the blue, saying, "I'm the strongest person in this car."  "Really?" I questioned.  He quickly modified, "...That's not driving."  This boy seems to spend a lot of time thinking about how strong he is relative to everyone else...

Boys sure are weird.  And fun.  And cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment