Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Heard around the house today....

-"Way to go on scoring that goal today!"
-"No, I scored TWO goals in my game... just one was in the wrong goal."

"Is my throat down the drain in my mouth?"

"Thank you, Daddy, for catching me when I was falling out of the tree!"

"Do eagles beat falcons?  I need to know because our soccer team is playing the Eagles."

"Mo-om, I have something that is going to make you happ-ppy....  We have underwear!"

"Why is there a bottle of vegetable oil here in the office?"

"I can help you do the consignment sale clothes, Mommy?  Really??  Oh, thank you!!" [spoken without any sarcasm at all, actually.  My girl loves to help!]

"In our karate class we learned how to kill someone.  Well, maybe not kill them. Maybe just hurt them."

-"What is this big clump of hair doing here?"
-"Oh no, there's some over here, too!  And over there!  What is going on?  Where is it coming from?"
-"Did Rayna just cut her hair?!?"  [Why yes, yes she did.]

-"Strider did you order a decaf latte today?"
"Dad,whywouldIgetdecafat2:30intheafternoon.Ididn'treallyhavetimetosay'decaf.'It'sawasteofwords,anyway.Icanhandleit,Dad.Caffeineisnotbad."
-"Yeah, no, he didn't get decaf."

"I'm too old to have my date with Mom written about on the blog.  Just don't make it sound all cute and everything."
(I went on a date with a handsome gentleman today.
  That's all I 'm allowed to say on the matter.  :) )

"Is that all you want to write?  Just do, 'Love, Mommy.'"  [My girl also likes to read over my shoulder as I'm typing.]

1 comment:

  1. ha, we had a haircutting incident here this week, too! Two big chunks off each side around the face. My five year old. I was thinking she was old enough to be trusted with scissors, but guess not.

    Must be something in the air??
    Steph

    ReplyDelete