Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

I married the right man

Aluminum foil has been on our "to buy" list for the last couple of weeks, so when I was at the grocery store a few days ago, I bought some.  It took a little thought, though, because I had to figure out if the sale on the name brand was as good as the generic deal, and then if the sales on the large sizes were better than the smaller sizes.

After looking at the per-foot prices, I found that the generic deal was definitely better than the brand on sale, but the larger sizes were actually more per foot than the smaller sizes (why are they trying to fool us???).

So I opted for the smaller, generic size to get the best deal.  Then I turned around and put an additional box in the cart reasoning that since it was so small, I'd be put out pretty soon.  Should I get a third box, even?  Then I would have as much as the larger size....    No, I told myself, then the drawer just gets too crowded.

So I came home with 2 "smalls."

But when I went to put them away, I found that Pete had already bought foil earlier in the week, having seen it on the list!  AND, he went through the exact same set of calculations and reasoning that I did.  So this is what we ended up with!

I'm so proud of my man -- that he came to such a smart conclusion, and was not fooled by the larger-size-more-per-foot trick (or the brand-name-is-better trick)!

Now our drawer is just a little crowded, though.


(Here's a little more math for today :  80% of the people reading this are concluding that this was a complete waste of their time.)

1 comment:

  1. funny! and that's so you guys! (unfortunately, not me... )

    ReplyDelete