Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tuesdays

For some reason this year, about 80% of our weekly activities all fall on Tuesdays!  Yesterday I did a little photo documentary of our day...

First, Strider heads off for his one-day-a-week school program, called the Bridge.  During the day, he goes to classes with 3 different teachers, and learns about literature, history, writing, geography, Bible and worldview.  Plus he gets to have lunch with his friends.  :)

While he's gone, here is what the rest of us do...

Our lovely friend Amanda comes over to work one-on-one with Rayna....

 .... so I can have some focused school time with the boys.

Yesterday we started out with a little project, making these cute little clothespin messages.
 


 Then, we did some reading and some math.  Colsen loves this.  :)


 After Amanda goes home and we have lunch, we all pile in the car to take Rayna to her Praise Dance class:

 Then we rush home for a quick snack, and it's off to violin lessons for Rayna and Colsen!

They get home right around dinner time.... just in time for me to rush out the door myself, to teach a class.  This 8-week block I'm teaching 2 nights a week, 2.5 hours each night.
 The subject of my marketing class last night was PRICING.  This is one of my favorite subjects to cover since we get to apply all kinds of mathematical and econcomic concepts...  As I told Pete last night, it's the perfect marriage of my subject (marketing) and his (economics)!  Since it was the eve of our anniversary, I thought this was appropriately romantic.

His reply, though, was, "No, it's not.  Marketing is just the real-life application of economics.  Economics is at the foundation of everything."   Not very romantic.  Oh well -- he's making up for it today!

Tuesdays are a bit of a whirlwind... but we're thankful for all the opportunities, activities and lessons available!

No comments:

Post a Comment