Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Quizzical

Pete just told me this:

One day last week he had two classes in a row and he was pretty sure he had told one of the groups that they would have a quiz that day, but he couldn't remember which one. He had no quizzes prepared. He went to the first class and asked them if they were expecting a quiz. "Oh, no, definitely not," they assured him. (Is there any other answer to this question??)

So he taught that class, with no quiz, and then during the 10-minute break between classes, he ran back to his office. Standing outside his door was a student who proceeded to tell him that he couldn't stay for his whole class coming up, and then asked if he could take the quiz early before he left. (Aha!)

"Sure," Pete told him, very matter-of-factly. He told the student to go on down to the classroom and he would meet him there in a minute. Then Pete ran into his office and furiously hammered out a quiz, made up on the spot.

Good grief- this man loves to procrastinate until the last possible minute!

I'm a little more alarmed by this than usual, I think, because Pete recently asked him if I would help him write a paper he's been asked to do.  My cobweb-filled brain jolted awake at the mere possibility of doing something academic, and I agreed to help him.

Now, though, I'm beginning to realize that my over-eager, get-it-done-early, and definitely-must-get-an-A+ approach to writing might not exactly work well with my more, ahem, laid-back husband's style.  In fact this could be a major test of our marriage.

Perhaps not coincidentally, the topic of the paper we are supposed to write is.... marriage.

Could be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment