Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Seen and Heard the last couple of days

Some things we've seen:

1) Strawberries, strawberries and more strawberries!

It's not quite as good as going to pick cherries in our front yard, but we (mostly) had fun going to pick some berries in a field.

Our homeschool group met for the morning
"Where should we start?"
"I love this!"
"We're finding a bunch!"

"This one is as big as an apple!"
"I'm mad I can't carry the bucket."
"Really mad."


 2.)  Homemade bouncy balls

Aunt Katie came over to show the kids how to make these cool balls.  They really bounced and everything!








 ....And some things I've heard (all from the littlest guys in the last 3 days):



“Mom, can’t we just go to the Person Store and find a baby to adopt?  Pleeeease?”

“Is it ok if I get addicted to praying?”

“I don’t want to do my handwriting.  Can I do feet-writing instead?”

“Arrrrrggggghhhhh!!  I don’t want to do reading!  I’ve already read too much for my whole life!”

“Guess what!  Today is May Day so we flowered some people!”


and... this weekend, when Colsen was supposed to be sweeping the driveway, this was the excuse he gave for not finishing:

“Um, ma’am, I’m sorry to tell you that I gotta leave. Yeah, my wife is home waiting for me and she needs me. She went outside to put the clothes on the clothesline, you know, and my kids, they’re little and they’re really smart and they just locked her out! Yeah, they found the keys in the house, and they said, “what are these little things?” and they put them in the locks and turned them. So she’s stuck outside and I need to go get her. I’m not finished with your job yet, so I’ll try to get back if I can, but if I can’t, well, I’m not supposed to be working on a Saturday anyway.”



So, despite the seemingly endless gray days, it's been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment