Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Four-wheel Fascination

Our boys have all suddenly become huge car fanatics.

This is mostly fun, but slightly annoying because everywhere we go, we hear, "What kind of car was THAT?"  "Did you see that one??"  "I think it was a Lambourghini Fasti* convertible!"  "Oh, you missed it."  "What kind of Toyota was that, Mom?"  "What's that red car that just went by?"

All of our necks have been oscillating at rapid speeds lately.

Yesterday Miles asked Pete to take him to McDonalds, and of course Pete said No.  So Miles announced,

"When I grow up, I'm going to drive my Koenigsegg (pictured above) to McDonalds.  But I'm going to drive slow so it doesn't get hurt."

THAT is the American dream, right?  He has lofty ambitions, that one.

His brother isn't far behind in the dream department....  Today Colsen had a lemonade stand and made $15.50.  He promptly decided to save most of it -- for the Koenigsegg he will be purchasing in few years.  Only $545,555 to go now.

In the meantime, I'll just enjoy watching their faces light up whenever an exciting car goes by.... and I'll try to be thankful when they tell me to look for pictures on the computer for weird-named ones like a "Bugatti Veyron Supersport."  At least it's a nice spelling challenge to add interest to my day!


*As far as I know there is no such thing as a Fasti.  That is a name Miles likes to throw in, thereby indicating that said car must be super-FAST, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment