Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Arguing with the 4-year old

Before bed last night Miles wouldn’t stop crying -- because I wouldn’t let him listen to a CD – because he wouldn’t cooperate with his siblings.

 I told him I would sit with him in his room until he went to sleep, if he would stop crying.  Then we had multiple rounds of this dialogue:

Me:  Alright, you need to stop crying now, or I’m going to go downstairs.
Miles:  If you go downstairs, I’ll just get out of bed and go in Rayna’s room.
Me:  No, you won’t.  Because then I’ll get the spanking spoon to spank you.  Do you want that?
Miles:  If YOU want to hurt me…
Me:  No, I don’t want to hurt you.  I want you to stay in bed.
Miles:  But you’re making me get out of bed because you’re leaving.
Me:  I’m leaving because you won’t stop crying.
Miles:  But YOU are making me cry because you won’t let me listen to the CD!

At this point I start to get confused about what we’re arguing about in the first place…. But I’m pretty sure it revolves around the fact that we can’t agree on which one of us is in charge.

 I don’t think either one of us is going to concede that one.  Stalemate once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment