Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Siblings

This week I've enjoyed watching these kids interact together.

For reasons we won't go into here, Strider was tasked with a lot of yard-work this week.  Channeling his inner Tom Sawyer (which, let's face it, is not a big stretch), he manipulated motivated his brothers, and even a neighbor kid, into thinking that helping him was great fun.  There were several "try-outs" and races, and today, the third day of these activities, Colsen came running into me triumphantly yelling, "I got the job!  I got the job!  Strider says I can be part of the Leaf Business now!"

 Meanwhile, the youngest was also an expert manipulator team-player in the music arena.  I came down and found the scene below one day.  Miles was playing a song and barking out, "Louder!" and "Quieter!" at varying intervals to sweet Rayna who was pushing the pedals for him.


 Strider found this lizard one day and kept putting it on his and his siblings' heads.  I drew the line at putting it on my head.


But the sweetest moments this week occurred after the sun went down.  One night I went up to check on the kids after I thought they were all in bed (their own beds).  But instead I found this:
 (No one got in trouble)

Another couple of nights we found these two cubs all curled up together in one bed.
I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is just precious!! It sounds like you have some true leaders there! But it's your dear Rayna who shines as the servant of all! What a dear family you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Yes, Rayna does love to serve others -- we are very blessed!

      Delete